Average sum returned

Clients from Denmark usually get 9078 DKK returned on average.

Limitation period

Taxes from Denmark can be returned for as many as the last 5 years.

Missing documents

If you do not have all the necessary documents - we can get them for you.

Duration of the procedure

Returning taxes from Denmark takes 2 to 4 months.

Notice about the 2018 tax season changes!

As many of you have probably already heard, there is a Tax Reform in the U.S., which will affect tax refund amounts of the customers who worked in the U.S. during 2018. Due to these changes in taxation rules the Federal refund amounts will be lower than usual, however most clients will still be entitled to a refund. What is more, State tax laws remained mainly unaffected.
We urge all of you to apply and submit the documents for a tax refund!

Tax refund process

If you have worked in Denmark during the last five years, you can file for a tax return. It is a simple procedure with RT Tax: register, gather the necessary documents, provide them to us, and we will take care of the rest!

Clients from Denmark usually get 9078 DKK returned on average.


Register for a tax return. Immediately after the registration you shall receive the documents submission form and further instructions. Our consultants shall contact you in 24 hours and answer all potential questions.

You can also download the documents submission form on your own. Find its filling examples here. After filling it in, you will have to gather all the documents necessary for a tax return.

Documents necessary for a tax return:

A copy of your passport or ID card;

Official documents certifying the holder’s identity and citizenship.

Årsopgørelse form, if you have it;

It is a document which should be issued by the Danish tax authority at the end of the fiscal year.



Oplysningsseddel forms or last payslips Lønseddel;

Oplysningsseddel forms are documents issued by the employer, containing information on the taxes paid and the salary received.

Payslip Lønseddel is a document which contains information on a person’s income and paid taxes. It should be issued be employer together with salary.




Employment contract in Denmark, if you have it.

An employment contract is a written legal document that lays out binding terms and conditions of an employment relationship between an employee and an employer.

NOTE: If you do not have all the necessary documents – no problem! You can still start your tax return process. Our experienced tax return specialists will retrieve your missing documents.

Submission of documents

Submit all the necessary documents and the documents submission form to us. Bring or send all the documents to our representative office via mail:

RT Tax

Business Center – Kaap Noord
Asterweg 17A2
1031 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands

Having received your documents, we will begin your tax return process immediately and inform you. You can follow the process by logging in to an online account, created especially for you.

When the foreign tax office returns your taxes, you will be informed by e-mail about the successful tax refund.

If you stop working in Denmark and you leave the country, you can return your holiday allowance for the unused holiday days. RT Tax specialists will help you!

Holiday allowance refund

Your employer in Denmark calculates your holiday allowance. If you stop working in Denmark and you leave the country, you can return all your holiday allowance if you do not take any holidays. In March you will get a letter from FerieKonto. This letter contains information about your holiday allowance. In addition, you can see your holiday allowance in your last payslip received from your employer.

Necessary documents: provide to us a letter from FerieKonto which contains the basic information about your holiday allowance: how much holiday pay you have earned; how many holidays you have; list of employers who paid your holiday allowance to you.

Limitation period: You can claim holiday allowance for up to 3 years after the end of the holiday year.

tax refund from denmark

Find out how much of your taxes you can get back!

Use our free tax calculator to find out the sum you are eligible to return. This will only take several minutes.

Do you have questions?

We will answer them!

Can I file for the return of all the taxes from Denmark?

Refundable amount depends on such factors as paid taxes, worked period and earned income. All the taxes from Denmark can be returned only if you meet the required conditions.

How long does the tax return process take?

Tax returns from Denmark normally take 2-4 months, depending on the processes in Denmark tax office. When we receive your documents, we review and process them, prepare your income tax declarations and send it to the tax office at Denmark in the shortest possible amount of time.

What should I do if I do not have all the necessary documents?

If you do not have all necessary document, you can still begin your tax return procedure. We will get your documents in order by contacting your former employer.

What are the service fees?

RT Tax does not apply any upfront or hidden charges, meaning, it shall cost you nothing to contact us in order to file for a tax return and the commission is only paid when the tax return process has been completed. The charge for tax returns from Denmark depends on the sum that is to be returned: 14% from the returned tax sum, but no less than 590 DKK. If your missing Oplysningsseddel forms need to be sought out, an additional charge of 150 DKK is applied.

Which years can I file a tax return for?


Unable to find your answer?

Contact us!

tax refund from abroad

Experts of RT Tax are ready to provide you with free professional consultations.

  • info@rttax.com
  • +31-20-8943-774

Client reviews

94 % clients would recommend us to friends and family.

  • I worked abroad two times. Definitely one of the most difficult thing is returning the taxes.  First time I were not satisfied with the company I used, therefore I could recommend RT TAX for quick and reliable company. I’m planning to go to the USA again and after that I’m sure I will use RT TAX service again.

    Adrian, worked in USA
  • I received my taxes back and want to thank you. Now I’m again in Great Britain for a seasonal work. I hope to use your service again. Thanks again.

    Dmitry, worked in Great Britain