Online application

Tax Refund application goes entirely Online. E-sign, upload documents and track your refund progress.

Fastest refunds

Now tax refunds are received much faster due to the Electronic Filing Technology for non-residents.

No upfront fee

Tax preparation fees are charged only after the tax refund is received.

Missing documents

If you do not have all the necessary documents - we can get them for you.

Tax refund process

If you have worked in the USA during the last three years, you can apply for a tax refund. With RT Tax it is very simple:

  • Register
  • Submit necessary documents
  • Get your tax refund


Apply and get your USA tax refund Online! The first step is to register here. Then the Online Account will be created where you will be guided further through the refund procedure until you will receive your money.

Documents necessary for a tax return:

Last pay-slips from all the employers (if you have them);

Last payslip – document provided by your employer along with your salary. Last payslip shows your total income and tax withheld.


Last Payslip

Forms W-2 from all the employers (you will receive W2 from your employers by February 15th);

W-2 form – document provided by your employer at the end of the fiscal year. This document shows your total income and tax withheld for the current fiscal year.


W-2 Form


A copy of your passport;

Official document certifying the holder’s identity and citizenship.

A copy of your Social Security Card;

This document contains your Social Security Number which consists of 9 numbers.


Social Security Card

A copy of your Visa;

Visa – document which is necessary to enter USA.


USA Visa

A copy of your DS-2019 form (if you have it).

This document proves your J1 Visa status.


DS-2019 Form

NOTE: If you do not have Forms W-2 and you will not send them to us by February 15th we will automatically start document search service for you in order to get W-2 copies from your employers.

Submission of documents

After the registration on our website the personal account will be created and the login information sent to you. Scan or make photocopies of the documents and attach them on your personal account on our website.

RT Tax is proud to announce!

From now on our client USA taxes are filed electronically by using non-resident E-file technology!

More Information

Do you have questions? We will answer them!

How is the refundable amount calculated?

USA Tax Authorities apply progressive taxation system. The refundable amount is calculated according to the total income and tax withheld during the fiscal year. The more you earn over the non-taxable income, the less overpaid taxes are returned to you. If you wish to know approximate refundable amount from USA, try our tax refund calculator.

How long does it take to refund taxes from USA?

Tax refund process in the USA starts after the end of fiscal year, February 1st. RT Tax fills and mails the tax refund documents to USA Tax Authorities in the shortest time possible. After that the tax refund period depends on the USA Tax Authorities. Usually the tax refund process takes 3-5 months.

I received only a part of my refund. Why?

Federal and State tax refunds are issued by different Tax Authorities. Therefore, federal and state refunds are refunded separately.

What if you do not have all the required documents?

If you are missing your last payslip(s) or W-2 form(s) – you can still apply for a tax return. We will get the missing documents for you.

What has changed after 2018 Tax Reform?

As many of you have probably already heard, there is a Tax Reform in the U.S., which will affect tax refund amounts of the customers who worked in the U.S. during 2018. Due to these changes in taxation rules the Federal refund amounts will be lower than usual, however most clients will still be entitled to a refund. Click here for more information.
We urge all of you to apply and submit the documents for a tax refund!

Didn't find the answer? Contact us

RT Tax specialists are ready to provide you with the free professional consultations